One of the four Pretoria Forts, Fort Klapperkop was designed by engineers Otto Albert Adolph von Dewitz and Heinrich C. Werner, together with the Dutch architect Christian Kunz. It was completed in 1898 and formed part of the Government’s plan to provide safety for the capital city. Originally eight forts were planned, but only four were built due to financial constraints.
en.wikipedia.org (accessed 28 January 2014).
able.wiki.up.ac.za (accessed 28 January 2014).